Internship 2019 — Full Stack Developer (f/m)
We develop and realize web and mobile applications and software solutions for domestic and international clients with a high standard of design, usability, and quality. Besides the DACH-region we focus on the US market and value our clients based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. We operate internationally, but our headquarters are in Graz. Do you want to work with and learn from A-level developers from more than 15 countries? Then join Parkside and grow with us!
- During your internship you will have the same responsibilities as our engineers, but of course you will not be thrown in at the deep end. Depending on the duration of your internship, you will work on several current projects. Additionally, a mentor will support you in accomplishing your tasks to maximize your learning experience.
- You support your colleagues in developing and testing web applications, their related databases, and APIs with a focus on user experience
- You take part in evaluating libraries and frameworks
- You actively participate and take ownership throughout the whole development process
- You closely cooperate with the designers, project managers, and QA
Have a look at some stuff our developers have worked on to get an idea of what your internship could be like. They
- developed advanced algorithms for spatial planning and managed to wrap them into a simple and clean user interface completely hiding its complexity from the users
- implemented a complex user interface based on React and Flux allowing users to quickly and easily organize their content on an online photo editing platform
- refactored and extended a client-facing API based on Google Protocol Buffers
- implemented batch processing jobs in a Django framework context to allow export of bulk data to a 3rd party system
WHAT WE EXPECT
- An ongoing program of study at a university or technical college with an emphasis on computer science or software engineering
- First insights into LESS/SASS and Webpack.
- Basic know-how in PHP, Java, .Net or Python, MySQL, MSSQL or Postgres, REST, pps
- Nice-to-have: Node.js, Docker, Symfony2, Django, Memcached, Varnish, NoSQL
- Enthusiasm for User Experience (usability, accessibility) and a detail-oriented, quality-focussed work style
- Motivation, passion, and a keen interest to learn new things and constantly evolve
- You don’t speak German? No big deal, English is our main language
WHAT YOU GET
- Extraordinary projects for domestic and international clients with strong commitment to design, usability, and quality
- Better together & with a smile: an international and highly skilled team consisting of people from more than 15 different countries welcomes you from the first day on
- You work with state-of-the-art technologies, and you can choose your development devices
- A modern office environment in the beautiful university town of Graz known for its Mediterranean flair
- The Parkside Academy gives you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills
- A long-term employment (full-time or part-time, min. 30 hours/week) with flexible working times and compensatory time-off
- Your monthly gross salary will be around € 1,200 to € 1,500 – (based on 38.5h/week) depending on your qualifications and experience
- Explore more insights about Parkside and project examples here
Join our team!
Submit your resume and a motivational letter here outlining your experience and qualifications. We will carefully review your application and come back to you as soon as possible.